Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Alfredo Bake

Before I talk about tonight's dinner, I must say that I finally figured out how to take a decent picture of our dinner. :) All this time, I have been taking the picture with the flash ON, while tonight I decided to try it with the flash OFF. Well, as you can see above...the correct way is with the flash off.... :) Alfredo Bake is a dish I borrowed from another blogger/JKnottie/JFacie.
http://wineloverscookingdiary.blogspot.com/ I am so glad that we tried this meal. We made a slight modification...

Ingredients:
8 oz. pasta, cooked and drained (we used an entire box)
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup mushrooms
1 1/2 cups chicken, cooked, shredded or diced (we omitted the chicken to have a meatless dish)
1 jar Alfredo sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons butter

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Coat the bottom of a 13x9 pan or a medium size baking dish with a thin layer of Alfredo sauce. In a medium bowl, mix the pasta, broccoli, mushrooms, chicken, garlic, and Alfredo sauce until combined.
3) Place mixture in baking dish and top with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Cut the butter into small pieces and scatter on top of cheese.
4) Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly.

Recipe from http://wineloverscookingdiary.blogspot.com/
Picture from my kitchen

Husband Rating: A
Despite having a headache and not feeling so well, Jared really enjoyed the Alfredo Bake. He liked it so much that his exact words were, "I really like this sauce...how did you make it?" And my reply was, "It was from a jar..." ;) I couldn't help but smile...

Wife Rating: A
Pasta and cheese -- I'm sold. I am not usually a fan of Alfredo sauce, but we made extra pasta than the recipe calls for, so it was not completely overwhelmed with sauce.

We found another keeper....next time I will add the chicken.

3 comments:

April said...

Glad you liked this one Michele! I LOOOVE this! I wouldn't be able to get Tommy to try it but it is definitely one of my faves.

Michele said...

I really liked it...we left out the chicken this time because we needed a break from meat for a night. ;)

Nikki57 said...

Isn't the alfredo bake so good. Mmmmm I want alfredo bake now