Friday, February 22, 2008

Chicken Pot Pie


I have been thinking about making chicken pot pie for a long time because my coworker mentioned her recipe using leftover chicken. We had tons of chicken leftover from our roasted chicken, so we had the perfect reason to make pot pie. The recipe is from my coworker, so I do not have specifics.

Ingredients:
Leftover chicken
Frozen mixed vegetables (we had a bag of carrots, peas, green beans, corn, and Lima beans)
1 can of cream of chicken soup
2 pie crusts (we used the Pillsbury 2 pack)

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Roll out pie crust and place in baking dish. Add chicken, vegetables, and cream of chicken soup.
3) Cover with top pie crust. Poke holes for ventilation.
4) Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until brown and bubbling.

Husband Rating: A
Jared loved the pot pie, minus the Lima beans. He said the pot pie brought back memories of childhood. He also said, next time he will be more selective with the veggies. :)

Wife Rating: A
Awesome -- this is such a quick, easy, and delicious meal. It does bring back many memories!


We'll make this again....definitely!

1 comment:

Say Love said...

This is exactly what I was looking for. I needed something that was actually easy, that I could do for dinner tonigh. Thanks for the post.