Saturday, February 9, 2008

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies - January JKnottie Baked Goods Exchange

I found the Peanut Butter Cup Cookie recipe on www.allrecipes.com and decided immediately that I wanted to make them for my January secret bride - Dawn. I knew I made the right decision when I asked her if she liked peanut butter, and she said - yes, and even more so with chocolate! I might even go as far as to say that these were the best cookies I have ever made....they came out perfect!

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped peanut butter cups


Directions:
1) In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and peanut butter cups.

2) Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.



Recipe from www.allrecipes.com

Husband Rating: A+
Jared has been eating them everyday...he loves peanut butter cups, so these cookies were a winner in his book!

Wife Rating: A+
Yummy! I really enjoyed these cookies -- especially warm!

I will definitely make these again! I hope you enjoyed the cookies Dawn!!

2 comments:

zebe912 said...

The few that I got to eat were awesome. Then I came down with a stomach virus & couldn't eat much of anything. In the meantime, B has been enjoying them frequently!

Michele said...

Dawn -- sorry to hear that you got sick! I hope you are able to make them soon and enjoy them again. J ate one everyday! :)