Saturday, February 9, 2008

Spaghetti Pie

The Spaghetti Pie recipe was given to me by one of my neighbors during my bridal shower. I misplaced my recipe cards from June 07-January 08....and it was wonderful to find them! My teaching schedule and work scheduled does not allow for much cooking time, but I can manage to cook on Thursday in between teaching and my night class. The spaghetti pie turned out awesome!

Ingredients:
6-8 ounces of spaghetti (cooked and drained - we used Barilla Whole Grain)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup Ricotta cheese
1 cup spaghetti sauce (we made our own sauce)
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese

Directions:
1) Grease pie plate. Toss spaghetti with olive oil.
2) Combine eggs and Parmesan cheese and add to spaghetti.
3) Put into the pie plate and form a crust-type look. Spread Ricotta cheese in the center of the "well."
4) Cover with sauce all over the top. Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
5) Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and bake for 5 minutes more.
6) Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Let sit 5-10 minutes before cutting.

TIP: This is great reheated for leftovers (which I have already tried)!

Husband Rating: A
"Perfect. It reminded me of my mom's recipe that I ate when I was younger." Enough said!

Wife Rating: A
I love a different pasta recipe and this hit the spot. I was pretty happy with how it turned out for my first time!

No comments: