Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Baked Chicken Nachos

I am so glad that I "borrowed" this recipe from a fellow July Knottie's blog (http://wineloverscookingdiary.blogspot.com/). Jared and I love nachos, but have never made them this way before. They turned out so crunchy and cheesy AND we love cheese! The nachos were extra special tonight because Jared had dinner ready for me when I got home from work. I am so lucky!

Ingredients:
2 cloves garlic, crushed
6 green onions, sliced, white parts and tops separated
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 shredded cooked, whole chicken breast (we used Perdue Short Cuts Chicken)
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup salsa
1/2 (12 ounce) package tortilla chips
1 (8 ounce) package shredded Mexican Cheese blend
1/2 large tomato, diced

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a 12 inch skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the garlic, white parts of the onions in oil until tender. Mix in shredded chicken, salt, and pepper. Toss until well coated with oil. Stir in the salsa.
3) Arrange tortilla chips on a large baking sheet. Spoon the chicken mixture over the chips. Top with cheese blend and tomato. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
4) Remove from heat and spring with green onion tops before serving. Top with sour cream and jalapeƱos (optional).

Husband Rating: A
Awesome!

Wife Rating: A+
I love nachos -- one of my favorite meals!

We will definitely make these nachos again -- especially for parties!

Thanks to April for finding the recipe on www.allrecipes.com.

No comments: