Friday, October 19, 2007

My baked goods have arrived!

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies!

I am so excited because my baked goods arrived in the mail today! As soon as I saw Jared bring in the priority box, I knew it was them. To go along with the upcoming holidays, my secret baker sent me Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies! Of course, after taking the picture, Jared and I had to try one.

And the verdict is.....DELICIOUS!

Recipe
Ingredients:
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup shortening
7.5 oz. pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 oz. semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1) Preheat over to 375 degrees.
2) Cream the sugar, shortening, pumpkin, and vanilla together. Mix until light and well combined.
3) Mix the flour, baking soda, and ground cinnamon. Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture. Mix until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4) Drop by teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until set. Let cookies cool on a rack.

Can substitute pumpkin pie filling instead of the puree.


Thanks secret baker! (Secret Bride)

No comments: